Amino acids, sound familiar? Semen is made of protein, and amino acids are the building block of protein. Eating foods rich in amino acids help to improve sperm count and morphology, as well as protecting against free radical damage to the sperm. This delicious combination of amino acid rich tuna combined with mango and green beans is a healthy (and tasty) way to boost your daily intake of vitamins necessary for male fertility.
- 1 large handful fresh Asian leaves, i.e rocket / mizuna
- 14 – 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small mango, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 100g fine green beans
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 medium tuna steak, preferably sushi grade
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the dressing:
- 75ml extra virgin olive oil
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- To make the dressing, blitz all ingredients for 20 – 30 seconds in a high powered blender, then pour the contents into a jam jar. Set aside and keep refrigerated.
- For the salad, add the Asian leaves to two separate salad bowls and toss in the diced mango and cherry tomatoes.
- Heat half the coconut oil in a frying pan. Add the red onion and green beans, and lightly sauté for two or three minutes. Divide the contents between the two salad bowls, then return the pan to a high heat with the remaining coconut oil.
- Add the tuna steaks to the pan and flash fry for a minute or so each side, so that they are still rare in the middle. Transfer them to a chopping board, before slicing and adding to the salad bowls. Drizzle over a little of the dressing before serving.
100g fresh tuna steak will net you a whopping 1500mg Arginine, 270g Cysteine and 118mcg Selenium. You’ll also benefit from approximately 35mg vitamin C and over 700mcg of Beta Carotene per serving from the tomatoes and mango alone – as well as the abundance of folic acid in the green salad and beans.
____________________________________________________________________________________If you'd like to receive regular tips like these from Snow School, you can follow us on Facebook or Twitter simply by clicking the links below. Follow @Procreativity1
And if you'd just like to receive our monthly Snowballs promotions in your inbox - and save real money - then you'll probably want to sign up for our private newsletter. Register now, and you'll immediately receive a special offer.