Every culture has a beans recipe, and for good reason – beans supply a high dose of fibre, protein, antioxidants, vitamins and are low in sugar – all essential for male fertility. This recipe includes other male fertility foods such as peppers, garlic, and the healthy unsaturated fats from olive oil.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Poblano mild chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups of brown rice, cooked
- Heat a sauce pan over medium high heat. Add olive oil
- Add garlic, onion, pepper and cilantro. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until soft.
- Add the beans, tomato sauce, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour in the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for around 30 minutes, or until liquid is reduced
- Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, make brown rice according to package directions.
- Serve the bean mixture on top of the rice.
____________________________________________________________________________________If you'd like to receive regular tips like these from Snow School, you can follow us on Facebook or Twitter simply by clicking the links below. Follow @Procreativity1
And if you'd just like to receive our monthly Snowballs promotions in your inbox - and save real money - then you'll probably want to sign up for our private newsletter. Register now, and you'll immediately receive a special offer.