Packed with arginine, an amino acid proved to help blood circulation, and vitamin E, which is shown to reduce sperm defects, this dish may increase male fertility.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and diced
- 150g pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 185 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g instant couscous
- 2 tbs coriander, finely chopped or parsley leaves (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low–medium heat. Add the onion, chicken and pumpkin, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 8 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the couscous, cover and set aside for 6 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and stir through the coriander or parsley, if desired. Serves 4
Fresh tip: Serve with a garden salad or steamed veggies to create a more filling meal.