Inspired by a risotto from London restaurant Ooze, smoked salmon may sound expensive for a midweek meal, but is no more costly than cooking with red meat. This super nutritious male fertility recipe will make dinner a little bit fancier than usual.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 350g risotto rice, such as Arborio
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1½ l boiling vegetable stock
- 170g pack smoked salmon, three-quarters chopped
- 85g mascarpone lite
- 3 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- grated lemon zest, plus squeeze of juice
- handful rocket
- Fry the onion in the oil for 5 mins. Add the rice and garlic, then cook for 2 mins, stirring continuously. Pour in a third of the stock and set the timer to 20 mins. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the stock has been absorbed, then add half the rest of the stock and carry on cooking, stirring a bit more frequently, until that has been absorbed.
- Pour in the last of the stock, stir, then simmer until cooked and creamy. Take from the heat and add the chopped salmon, mascarpone, parsley and lemon zest. Grind in some black pepper, but don’t add salt as the salmon will be salty enough. Leave for 5 mins to settle, then taste and add a little lemon juice if you like. Serve topped with reserved salmon (roughly torn) and some rocket.
Try our other male fertility recipes.
Source : BBC Good Food
Keep Cool with Snowballs.
____________________________________________________________________________________If you'd like to receive regular tips like these from Snow School, you can follow us on Facebook or Twitter simply by clicking the links below. Follow @Procreativity1
And if you'd just like to receive our monthly Snowballs promotions in your inbox - and save real money - then you'll probably want to sign up for our private newsletter. Register now, and you'll immediately receive a special offer.