The lamb is packed with arginine and zinc, and the watermelon is rich in vitamin C, which is essential for proper sperm production and male fertility.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 stalks rosemary, sprigs removed, finely chopped
- 8 midloin lamb chops, trimmed
- 250g haloumi, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, torn
- 1 tbs baby capers
- 1 kg seedless watermelon, rind removed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Combine 1 tbs of the oil, vinegar, rosemary in a jug. Lay chops into a ceramic dish and pour over marinade. Turn chops to coat well. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Brush haloumi slices with olive oil. Heat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Cook haloumi for 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Cool slightly and tear into pieces.
- Combine remaining oil, mint, lemon juice and capers in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange watermelon, onion and haloumi in a large salad bowl. Drizzle over dressing. Cook chops on a preheated barbecue chargrill or frying pan for about 3 minutes on each side for medium rare or until cooked to your liking. Serve Marinated Lamb Chops with Watermelon, Haloumi & Mint Salad. Serves 4
____________________________________________________________________________________If you'd like to receive regular tips like these from Snow School, you can follow us on Facebook or Twitter simply by clicking the links below. Follow @Procreativity1
And if you'd just like to receive our monthly Snowballs promotions in your inbox - and save real money - then you'll probably want to sign up for our private newsletter. Register now, and you'll immediately receive a special offer.