A fresh and delicious male fertility recipe that reaps in the nutritional benefits of kale. Use bulghar wheat as the base for this Middle Eastern salad of superhealthy greens, feta cheese and spices
- 100g bulgar wheat
- 100g kale
- large bunch mint, roughly chopped
- bunch spring onion, sliced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 4 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground allspice
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- juice and zest ½ lemon
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 Baby Gem lettuces, leaves separated, to serve
- Tip the bulghar wheat into a heatproof bowl and just cover with boiling water, then cover with cling film and set aside for 10-15 mins or until tender. Put the kale in a food processor and pulse to finely chop.
- Stir the kale, mint, spring onions, cucumber and tomatoes through the bulghar wheat. Season with the cinnamon and allspice, then dress with the olive oil and lemon juice to taste. Scatter over the lemon zest and feta. To serve, let everyone scoop the salad onto leaves of Baby Gem lettuce.
Try our other male fertility recipes.
Source : BBC Good Food
Keep Cool with Snowballs.