A lot of us know the trick of baking “fries,” but if the same-old routine of olive oil and salt is getting old, try this new twist from chef Brandon Sharp of the Michelin-starred Solbar restaurant in Calistoga, CA.
His secret? The chef mixes up his male fertility Vitamin A-packed sweet potato fries with a sweet-and-salty mixture, then double-bakes them in the oven. The result: an extra-crispy—yet still healthy—side that perfectly complements your favorite lean burger recipe.
Try it. You won’t be disappointed.
Spicy and Smoky Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 garnet yams
- 2 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Peel yams and cut into long ½” batons. Mix salt, sugar and spices with oil, then toss yams in mixture. Spread fries in single layer and bake till tender when pierced with tip of a knife (about 12 to 15 minutes).
- Let fries cool on pan, then transfer to wax paper on a second pan. Put in freezer until frozen.
- Raise oven temp to 450˚F. Spread frozen fries in single layer again and bake until golden brown and crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Rest on a brown paper bag and serve immediately with ketchup or lime-spiked aioli.
Snowballs promote male fertility.
Try our other male fertility recipes.
Source: Men’s Fitness