Having people over for dinner? Or just wanting to cook something fancy for you and the wife? This elegant, low-fat seafood dish is perfect for mid-week entertaining – very light and stylish and great for male fertility due to shrimp’s high zinc levels! A deficiency in zinc has been found to directly decrease a man’s sperm count and even decrease testosterone levels. So get your zinc boost with this delicious dish. It’s easy to make, will impress your wife and keep your swimmers going strong!
- 280g linguine pasta
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 24 raw king prawns, peeled
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- mixed salad leaves and crusty white bread, to serve
For the lime dressing
- 2 tbsp virtually fat-free fromage frais
- grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Add the sugar snap peas for the last minute or so of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, toss in the garlic and chilli and cook over a fairly gentle heat for about 30 seconds without letting the garlic brown. Tip in the prawns and cook over a high heat, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes until they turn pink.
- Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes until they just start to soften. Drain the pasta and sugar snaps well, then toss into the prawn mixture. Tear in the basil leaves, stir, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with salad leaves drizzled with the lime dressing, and warm crusty bread.
Try our other male fertility recipes.
Source: BBC Good Food
____________________________________________________________________________________If you'd like to receive regular tips like these from Snow School, you can follow us on Facebook or Twitter simply by clicking the links below. Follow @Procreativity1
And if you'd just like to receive our monthly Snowballs promotions in your inbox - and save real money - then you'll probably want to sign up for our private newsletter. Register now, and you'll immediately receive a special offer.